Thursday, July 1, 2010

More trash dropped

I saw this little picture this morning on my way in town at the former Movie Man property near the Town Square as someone is now dropping trash on the property. Someone asked me today how I can see these code enforcement issues and those who are getting paid for it don't? Well, here are some answers. I am usually moving about thee miles-an-hour, travel the back streets and alleys, sorry to be politically correct, avenues and look at things. The code officials if they are out driving are moving considerably faster than I am and obviously don't see things. They also need to be out and about also.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

MAYBE THE SHOULD PARK AND WALK AROUND AN AREA AND CHECK IT OUT.

Anonymous said...

This place has been a problem property for Columbia Borough for years. It's another case where the borough was threatened by a possible law suit and meekly hife in a corner so to speak. Perhaps if the borough's legal team had soe backbone, instead of sitting at meetings for three hours with the meter running and saying when it is his turn, "we've covered everything." Also, the code boys aren't gonna get out walk or ride because they won't be forced too, despite what the council said Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

I have been in the housing industry for more than 20 years. I would be happy to replace or train code enforcement if needed.....

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to the trash that planned to open a sandwich shop in there?