Monday, June 7, 2010

Time to honor teacher

There will be a drop-in retirement party on Sunday, June 13 from 1-4 p.m. for retiring CHS teacher Jean Phiel.
The party will be held at Golden Stories, formerly A Taste of Styles in the 200 block of Locust Street.
Former and current students and friends are welcome to attend the event.

Here is a post from Mrs. Phiel's Columbia School District web site:

I was born and raised in Columbia, and I had lived here most of my life. I attended William G. Taylor Elementary School and Columbia High School.

After high school, I attended Millersville State College to train as an English teacher. I have a Master's Equivalency issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
My own children attended and my grandchildren attend the Columbia Borough Schools. I am a firm believer in the quality of the education you receive here.
I have been teaching English at CHS since September 1982. I now act as Language Arts Department Chairperson.
I will be retiring at the end of the 2009/2010 school year. It has been a wonderful 28 years.

No comments: