Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Greetings all from South Carolina

Only three more days, well actually two after today as Friday is a travel day.
Hartsville is a nice place and has plenty of activities going on. It also has rained three of the five days I have been here (not today yet).
Been to McBee, Florence, Columbia, Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Mullin's Inlet to name a few.
A couple of things I've noticed that are a lot different than back home are: There are no weeds coming out of the sidewalks, including the downtown. All the streets are well kept and nice. Only saw one road project downhere.
The people down here are extremely friendly and helpful.
The only place I have seen parking meters is in Columnbia, which is the state capital. A quarter for 20 minutes.
It is very different down here. Hotter than a bugger, but I am handling it.
Got some ideas and thoughts to pass along once I get back about things that could work or at least tried in Columbia (PA).
More including some pictures when I return on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't wish your vacation away Barry. Enjoy it and have a great time. It's hot as double hockey sticks here too.