Thursday, September 2, 2010

Enough is enough

I've been trying to look at some of the positive things happening in our town, but after yesterday's trip through town and then just reading about what happened in Lancasteronline, enough is enough.
Let me take you back a step.
Yesterday, I was leaving my breakfast stop, heading down to the railroad to take a picture of the passenger train going through town. I was alerted about a possible fight down in the area of Fourth Street near where the Keystone Fire Company was. By the way, I loaded up and got down to the corner, the alleged fight had moved closer to Fourth and Locust street.
I watched for a little and got my phone out to dial police, but got a busy signal and watched for a new more minutes before exiting the area. When I went down  by the police station, Sgt. Tremblay was loading up to answer the call.
So, all I've heard from the proper people in town, that we have no problems. Let's see, back in May. a kid was shot and killed in town and now a police officer injured answering a call. There's a lot more going on in town that I will get into at a later date. I can't understand why the "powers to be" in our town keep insisting on there are no problems, when its obvious there are.
Now is the time, we need to take our town back. Get the "scum" out of Columbia and turn our town into something we once had and we can be proud of once again.
Yes folks, it is bad in Columbia and we can no longer tolerate the way we are being forced to live.

4 comments:

Rick Morrison said...

I hope Tremblay is OK. Is this guy FROM Columbia or passing through? In either case it cannot be tollerated thet someone can attack one of our Officers. Hope this guy stays in jail for a long time.

Izzy said...

THANK YOU BARRY!!!!!!

Where have you been? I heard you were no longer posting negative news or anything that puts Columbia in a negative spotlight. IF you don't post this stuff than it's a little hard to rally the troops, isn't it? Us residents have a right to know what is going on so that when we are out and about we can also patrol these areas of town. Not saying to put outselves in harms way, but at least drive by certain areas and be more aware that unpleasant situations are happening. Let the guilty know we are watching too:)

Anonymous said...

First, we will never have the same town we once had. There are too many sociological differences from then and now that will not and cannot be overcome. I could go on for pages on that topic. First, who are the scum you speak of? How does one identify “scum”? How do we rid ourselves of the “scum”? All tough questions and questions that cannot be answered without bringing up screams of foul in the super sensitive, politically correct world we live in today. Things are not as bad as one might think. Yes there have been some problems, but, all in all, for the society we live in today, we are not doing too badly in our little town and have no reason not be proud of it.

Unknown said...

I HOPE SGT. TREMBLAY IS OK. I ALSO HOPE HE BEAT THIS SCUMBAG TO THE GROUND. FOR THE GUY SEVERING TIME IN JAIL, THAT NEVER HAPPENS TODAY.