Thursday, March 18, 2010

Blog update

I want to thank everyone who has checked into COLUMBIA TALK, which I started on Feb. 3.
Since we no longer have a newspaper, which is truely a shame, I thought this would be a way for me to continue my passion for writing and perhaps keep the town informed of the various events.

Everyone has been pretty good about getting me information, but for the success of COLUMBIA TALK to continue, I'd like to have more news and events sent my way.

I put a counter on the home page of COLUMBIA TALK and I just checked it and the count was 3,181 hits in 43 days. That's an average of 79 hits a day, if you look at it that way.

I know it will be sometime before I hit the one million mark that my friend Jeff Reinhart recently hit with his View from the Press Box blog on lancasteronline, but I feel pretty good about the number of hits and good comments and information I have received.

I do plan soon to be running the weekly police reports from Columbia Borough and also a feature from the Columbia Police and Officer Austin Miller is doing on Columbia's Most Wanted. Those profiles are posted on the big window at the police station.

I've done polls with local questions with what I think are pretty positive results.

Again, thanks for the help and support, and keep sending me the events and stories that make up our town.

No comments: