Thursday, October 14, 2010

Let's move on and think to the future

As I said Monday night and have said all week, I am fine with not being appointed to serve on Columbia Borough Council. I am tired of being asked about it and although I haven't talked with her since Monday night, I am sure Carmen Swinehart is fine with it as well.
Sure, I don't like how things turned out and despite some comments and suggestions made to me about pursuing a Sunshine Law violation or even an ethics' violation, I am not. Why drag Columbia through the mud because we tend to sling enough mud ourselves.
Yes, I plan to run for a four-year term next year and I would have hoped that by gaining the appointment would have gotten some experience in what to do and what not to do. I didn't, so I am moving on and asking residents to do the same as well. I will still be following the council and its endeavors over the next 14 months.
I urge the citizens as well to keep a close eye on what is going on. I trust that Jim Smith has an agenda for all 10,000 plus residents in our town and not a certain few. If he doesn't have an agenda for all 10,000 people, then he will fall into the trap of some people serving.
Yes, change is coming to Columbia and I hope that next February and March when people make a decision to run for office they do it for the right reason -- the 10,000 people of Columbia, not a certain group or some individuals.
Thanks for the support I've gotten over the last month, it was appreciated. I hope to be able to serve you in the future.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey barry, the site looks great! thanks for all you do and i'm glad to hear you're running in the spring. let's go columbmia let's go !!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry Barry, but the new colors on your blog are horrible!

Jesse said...

Barry. It will be good to see from fresh canidates such as you and Carmen in the next run. It's about time someone wants to make a change!


Jesse
www.columbiapaonline.com

Anonymous said...

Barry, This was well written. Carmen Swinehart
have a great day!

Anonymous said...

the colors are fine if you wear sunglasses!

Anonymous said...

Sad to say but sometimes you have to get down there in the mud and root them out the hard way. If you know of something that was wrong I would think you would have to do something about it. If you want to do what's right for the town and it's citizens and you think you can do that on council why not start here?

Anonymous said...

good point, what good is any council member if they don't have the guts to get to the bottom of a stink hole