Monday, August 1, 2011

No excuse for not updating more

If anyone is wondering why there haven't been more updates on this site, because, yes there is a lot happening in our town, there's no good reason I can give the good folks of Columbia, other than it being hot.
I was involved in a couple of research-type projects -- one to get nominations for the Columbia High School Athletic Hall of Fame and another researching the number of games played since 1898 by the Crimson Tide in football.
In my way of thinking, neither went the way I expected. More on that in the coming days/weeks.
I also catalogued the thousands of sports cards I have (MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL and the dreaded NASCAR) and I am looking to unload them. Most are from the mid to late 1980s into the high 1990s. More on that later as well.
Other than it being super hot, the words just weren't flowing like normal. I even sat outside the other night and put the words to paper, but not paper to computer.
Well, I got plenty of information to pass along, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't owe anyone a reason for not updating. Hey, it's your life and we all are busy at times. I think what you do is great and I can't complain if you can't update your site every day. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I remember buying plenty of cards at Don Foxes. I wish too that I could unload them.