Monday, August 1, 2011

Not real safe

Here's a surprise for everyone.
Last Wednesday, one of those big trucks that rumble through our downtown took out a wire and damaged a couple of lights at the intersection of Third and Locust streets.
Oh yeah, we don't need a truck route. More on that later.
In the aftermath of the cleanup, I was informed that this pole, pictured, is a nice safety factor. The larger pole was installed about two weeks ago and the old pole, the short one, was sawed off at the bottom and left hanging not real securely to the new pole.
I was told that borough officials notified the proper utility but not much was done,. I wouldn't recommend parking in the area, which is in front of the old flower shop, until its corrected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I asked my uncle who retired from the phone company a few years back. He said this is perfectly safe, it won't fall down.